Re: ti-emu: Re: A92: IMPORTANT: YAHOO VIRUS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Grant Stockly wrote:

> The virus is a hoax.  True they hacked in, but no virus was implanted.
>
> >I just thought I'd let you all know:
> >There may be a virus implanted into the Yahoo Search Engine.  I
> >personally have no way to confirm this, however there was a warning
> >message posted at my dad's work saying that some guy had implanted a
> >virus into the engine and was currently using it as a threat (to release
> >it) to get his friend out of jail.  This is all I know; I just thought
> >you should all be warned in the event that this is true.
> >
> >For those of you on the TICalc.org mailing lists, I apologize for the
> >multiple posts to all the lists, but I just wanted to make sure that you
> >all saw this.  I'm also sorry since this is off topic!

The following is en excerpt from Geekmedia<Geekmedia@aol.com>
GeekMedia! Wednesday, December 10th, 1997

--Begin quote--

***
Crackers broke into Yahoo [http://www.yahoo.com] Monday night and
threatened
mass destruction, but other than maybe a few thousand people seeing the
hacked
page, Yahoo's site was left untouched.

"We have a monitoring system in place that immediately notified us that
this
had happened," Yahoo spokesperson Diane Hunt said. Yahoo took immediate
action
and restored the pages. No files were destroyed, and no computers
outside of
Yahoo were invaded. For security reasons, she would not reveal how the
systems
were invaded.

***

---End quote---

In other words, keep calm, have a nice day :-)

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
What's up???