[TIB] Re: DOS programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: DOS programming

From: MyOwnLittlWorld@aol.com
> Ok, I can't actually help you with the If's, but I can help you
> with something else down the road...  NEVER NEVER NEVER
> use a Goto x inside of an If:Then loop.
[snip]

This is a very good point with the TI-82, TI-83, TI-85, and TI-86 versions
of BASIC. I just wanted to point out that this does not appear to apply for
the TI-89 and TI-92(+), which is what this code looks like it was written
for. Even so, it's usually best not to use a lot of Lbls and Gotos in a
program, but that's the programmer's choice.

It's good that you mentioned this, though, because it's something that has
caused a lot of people problems. I remember years ago when I had a ton of
problems with programs I wrote (mainly on the TI-85) with memory leaks like
this, and it was quite a long time before I discovered that this was causing
it. Those were the days. :-)

--Travis