On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Ecartis wrote:

From: "RaptorDrew" <raptordrew@covad.net>

Two questions - (both for the 83+/SE)
    First, is there a way to make checkerboard designs on the graph
screen easily, besides using diagonal lines?

Not as far as I know, assuming you mean single-pixel-wide checkerboard
squares ("gray" of a sort).  You might investigate the flood-fill designs
that the '83+ can put above and below Y= equations on the graph; you
might be able to get a 2x2-square checkered pattern out of them.  I'll
do some investigating on my TI-83 today, if I remember.  Whatever you
find out, please post back and share - I'm interested.

    Second, I used to have a program that would convert pictures (or
whatever was on the graph screen) into lines of code to put in a
program.  I believe it was an ASM program, and the name "zgraph" sticks
out in my mind, but I can't seem to find it.... can someone help?

Was it PiCMageZ?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/231/23126.html
I have not tried out this program, but I think it claims to do what
you want, and besides, the name has a 'Z' in it... ;)

-Arthur