[TIB] Re: Basic RPG

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Basic RPG

> I don't think you've been trying at all to optimize your code.

yeah, with everything I've posted up on ticalc, I didn't really bother at all...  Didn't have too much reason to, and when doing straight basic, it's pretty hard to optimize anything very far as well...

Good RPG engines don't *have* to be gigantic, either.  For inspiration, you might check out my "TI-Rogue" game on ticalc.org (rogue.zip in the 83 Basic Games section).  It's only about 6000 bytes, although it sounds like yours is more ambitious.

Yeah...  Mine's pretty ambitious...  It includes support for pictures (as many as you want...  supports ~60 currently, but I still have to draw another 56 or so), and has the capability...  well, hey, if you want to actually see the source code (in a VERY unfinished form...  only a masochist, idiot, or insane person would try to program off of it...), go here:

http://myownlittlworld.tripod.com/Subfiles/Calc/RPG/RPG.doc

(if you want to view it nicely, make sure the ti-83+ font is installed.)

If you want to see the demo version (with absolutely no features), go here:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/244/24496.html

Nick