[TIB] Re: Integral Variables...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Integral Variables...

(frowns, considers)

So...no way to optimize my game engine in that direction.
 Ah, well.  I'll find some other way, I suppose.

Or perhaps just recode the entire thing in C.  -Maybe-.
 My only qualm with that is that I never work on
calculator related stuff at home.  Just in class...there's
no way to code in C.  That I know of.

Anyone know how I might accomplish that?

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:00:14 -0400
  Robert Mohr <mohr.42@osu.edu> wrote:
>I've been told of plenty of things I can't do in BASIC
>and did as well.
>  But integer math isn't one of them, unfortunately.
> TI-89 BASIC has no
>variable types, so that it can do something like 3/2 and
>return 1.5 (or 3/2, of course) instead of 1.  68k-BASIC
>can do that, but only by using functions like
>intDiv(x,y), and without a speed increase i could
>determine.  intDiv() is only there for people who want to
>test their integer arithmatic from inside programs, not
>for optimization.
>
>>Yeah, yeah...I know all about C.
>>
>>But I really do want to use integers.  And, eh, people
>>have told me that I
>>can't do plenty of things in BASIC that I've accomplished
>>in some form or
>>another anyway.  Just wondering if anyone else had
>>accomplished it without
>>having to run amok.
>>
>>(continues to wait hopefully)

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">