[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

>     I believe you would write it in 83- asm and it gets  compiled for both
> calcs. Also i would join the Asm83 mailing list. The tetris source-code
> might be helpful, but that allows for comm between all calcs, i believe
> the 83* protocol is the same.

This is a bit tricky, I don't know if I can explain it very clearly,
but I'll try.
You'd write it in z80 asm (technically speaking, there is no 83-
asm). The difference is caused by the differences in the other
hardware, the cpu (z80) is identical.
Joe Wingbermuehle (I hope I spelled that right) developed Ion
to make it possible to compile the same source code for two
different calcs.

Joining Asm83 is definitly a good idea.

About Tetris: the 83* protocol has nothing to do with it, that
defines how the OS of the 83(+) talks to other 83(+)'s and
computers. The nice thing about asm is, you can acces the
hardware (like the link port) directly, so the tetris protocol
can be the same for every calc.

Hope that helped,
Rob van Wijk

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de