[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

> Hmmmm...how would i "make it for ion"?  Do i program it in one version,
> and let
> it convert it?  Is it an added function of Ion or something?  Also, would
> the
> two programs (83- and 83+) be able to communicate easily with each other,
> for
> multiplayer purposes?  Thanks.
>
> -Zach

Do you know assembly at all? If you do, read IonGuru (I believe it has two
errors, more on that later). If you don't know asm, try making an easier
program first.
As far as communication between 83 and 83+ is concerned: if you don't do
anything really weird, and 83+ <-> 83+ and 83 <-> 83 both work, 83 <->83+
shouldn't be a problem.

This is how you program for Ion:

Use the standard Ion-header from IonGuru. I vaguely remember it has the
format slightly wrong: where it says ".db $BB,6D" it should be ".db
$BB,$6D".
The other error in IonGuru is the format of the data for IonLargeSprite.

BTW, you don't want to make this like the original MechWarrior game, do
you? That would be extremely difficult, and IMHO impossible if your asm
knowledge is such that you don't know how to program for Ion. (No offense
intended, maybe you can do it some day, just not today.)

Rob van Wijk

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de