[TIB] Is there a TI-HAKMEM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Is there a TI-HAKMEM?

  Is there anywhere a list of TI-Basic programming
hacks [meaning "cool snippets", not "cracks", of course],
similar to the "HAKMEM" list that circulated at MIT in
the "old days" of mainframes?
  I ask for two reasons:  One, a list of hacks would
be really helpful to TI-Basic newbies, who ask things
like "how do I draw an ellipse on the TI-83 graph screen",
or "how do I compute the angle of a line given its
endpoints", and also to TI-Basic gurus, who ask things
like "what is a robust method of getting an equation
from the user" and "what is the fastest way to draw a
bitmap to the screen".
  Two, it would be a nice way of showcasing talent in
the community, for those who invent cool algorithms but
have no applications for them.  (I'm a fan of pure
research.)
  So, does a "TI-HAKMEM" list exist?  And what do you
people think of one?

 -Arthur

(HAKMEM is online; every copy of the "Jargon File"
contains a link to HAKMEM at www.inwap.com.)