[TIB] Re: C/C++ compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: C/C++ compiler

(Surely this thread has outlived its usefulness.)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Listar wrote:
> That Guy wrote:
>
> i have dev c++, but there are no good files that tell you what comands
> do what and what commands require what headers.  This seems to be a
> great free c++ compiler, but I need to know what requires what.  Please
> tell me where I can obtain such a magnificent file.

Borland's THELP utility comes with every C/++ compiler they make,
including the free ones.  DJGPP can include GNU 'info'.  'info' is far
more complete than THELP, but less user-friendly.

If you're determined not to download anything, you can still look online.
Go to http://www.google.com and type in the little box.
  Searching for "c++ tutorial" brings up as the second link
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/, which contains a fairly complete
(if rather ungrammatical) introduction to the language C++.
  Searching for "c++ library reference" brings up the same site's
reference materials, which are fairly complete, but do not cover the
STL classes or templates.  I assume you won't be wanting those if you're
programming for the calculator anyway.
  Searching for "what requires what" brings up
http://web.media.mit.edu/~wsack/DC/663.html, which is completely unrelated
but somehow compelling.