[TIB] Re: Matrix on the 92 plus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Matrix on the 92 plus

Hi,
Thanks for helping with these matrices.
I have three questions to answer, I would like to know how to work these out
on the TI89.
These questions are from a revision sheet I am working on.
I can do question 1 and 2 ok but question 3 I am not entirely sure I am
working it out right so it would be handy if I knew how to work this out on
the calculator to check my results.

Ok firstly I have three matrices.

A= [[1,2,3][3,0,2]] 3x2 matrix
B=[[4,1,3][0,2,1]] 3x2 matrix
C=[[1,2][3,1][2,3]] 2x3 matrix

These are the questions:-

Q1. Which of the following make sense: AB, AC, BC, AB^T, AC^T, and BC^T ?

Q2. Evaluate those products that do exist.

Q3. Evaluate (A^T B)C and (A^T) BC and show that they are equal. ( I can
work out whats inside the brackets and add them together but I am not sure
what to do with what is outside the brackets. )

It is easy to build the matrices on the TI89, however I have no idea how to
work out the questions.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Nick