[TIB] Re: Game Idea???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Game Idea???

>There is a problem, what if they don't type "queen of >england", but "the queen of england"? For a human that's the >same, but your program will consider it incorrect. (This >might solve it: scan for "england" and "queen", if both >appear in the string, it will probably be correct.)
>Rob van Wijk

Gee...  I thought this would have been the easy part...  Display 1-5 choices (using Output(1,1,"")) and then just use getkey to test for the correct keypress...

randInt(1,200)üA

If A=1
:Then
Output(1,1,"Who rules england:")
Output(3,1,"1. The Guy next door")
Output(4,1,"2. Me."
Output(5,1,"3. The french people")
Output(6,1,"4. The guy making this program")
Output(7,1,"5. Queen of England")

:While K=0
getKeyüK
:End

If K=83 (the correct answer to the question)
:Then
(win code)
:Else
(lose code)
:End
:End   ;close the If A=1 loop

If A=2
If A=3

Goto SPINNYTHINGIE

----

I came up with the Spin box code last night while trying to get sleep...

For(Z,1,10)
Line(X,30,X+9,30)
Line(X,21,X+9,21)
Line(X,30,X,21)
Line(X+9,30,X+9,21)
  For(J,1,10):End    ;put a time delay so they can press a button
  getKeyüJ
  If J (not)= 0:Goto WHAMMYTEST
Line(X,30,X+9,30,0)   ;erase the box lines!
Line(X,21,X+9,21,0)
Line(X,30,X,21,0)
Line(X+9,30,X+9,21,0)
:End    ;repeat the same things for the rest of the directions (down the right, across the bottom, and back up the left)

Lbl WHAMMYTEST
:End   ;close the For(Z,1,10) loop
If Z=1:(action)
If Z=2:(action)
etc

some could be whammys, some could be points...  or you could rewrite it to be more random, but I don't have time to do that now...  I'll do it later...
Nick