[TIB] Re: greatest integer??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: greatest integer??

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, nepluto (Ecartis) wrote:
> ti-basic Digest	Wed, 04 Dec 2002	Volume: 02  Issue: 125
> From: "nepluto" <nepluto@adelphia.net>
> Subject: [TIB] greatest integer??
> Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:34:22 -0500
>
> im trying to figure a way to determine the greatest of 4 integers in a
> list (eg LHIGH(1),LHIGH(2),LHIGH(3),LHIGH(4)) each having a different
> integer. what is the quickest/shortest way to determine which is the
> biggest.. or would i have to compare them all with if/then's no matter
> what?

The easy way is to take max(LHIGH).  This only works if LHIGH is exactly
four elements long, of course.  If you care only about size, not speed,
you could do max(seq(LHIGH(I),I,1,4)) (or whatever your indices are).
I'm assuming you're using an 83/+, of course.

In general, folks, when you post, tell us what calculator you're using!
It will weed out the useless answers (such as, maybe, this one).

-Arthur