From: Zach Tong <zachtong@go-concepts.com>
To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [TIB] Re: asm on the ti-83
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:11:56 -0400

thanks.

yeah, sorry, i know this was the wrong thread.  i do have some BASIC
questions
also.  i'm trying to make a game where this little man walks around.  i have
the
getkey function working great (meaning he walks around in all directions)
but how
do i keep it from going through walls?  would i have to do something like
this:

text(X,Y,"(*)       //(*) is my little man...
text(X+5,Y,"___________"    //the ___ are spaces, this deletes the little
mans trail

Getkey->G
. . . . . . .         //this is all of the getkey crap, no need to show it
if X<5 OR X>58  //X being the sides of the wall one on each side
then
X+0 -> X          //which makes it not move...right?

would that be exceptable?  but then i have a problem, the text( that covers
up the
trail also covers up the wall.  any ideas to fix that??

zach