Re: TIB: TI-89 BASIC Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: TI-89 BASIC Question

Yes, there is a way - use the inString() command.

e.g.

"Hello there, this is just a test"=>a
inString(a,"just")=>b

Those commands would return 22 in variable b.

if you try...
inString(a,"yahoo!")=>c

This command above will return 0 in varable c (because it doesnt exist in
the string).

The syntax for the command is inString(SEARCH-STRING,SUBSTRING[,START])
The command returns the number of characters along the string the
search-string starts at.

Check out your 89 manual for any more info.

Simon.