Re: TIB: Real number to string

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Real number to string

> This does NOT work (on an 86):
>
> Prompt x
> y99=x
> Eq>St(y99,Y)
> Disp Y  ~This displays "x", not the value of x, and is the main
> problem i am
> working with.

A while ago, I spent a long time trying to figure this type of thing out,
and as far as I know there is no way (on the 86) to convert a number to a
string.  In my opinion, that sucks, but oh well.  Usually when you want a
number as a string, you want to fill in a sentence or something (i.e.
there were x apples).  There are a couple of ways to do this.  You can
use Disp, but that puts it on lots of lines, or you can use a bunch of
Outpt's (but that takes a lot of work)

The best way to do it is using variable-width font on the graph screen,
because there is no limit to the number of arguments for the Text(
command.  A program would look something like this:
:Prompt x
:Text(2,13,"There were ",x," apples")

Good Luck,
 Nathan

If you really want string commands, try the asm program asapXcmd.  This
installs extra basic commands on your calculator.  The only problem:
anyone without  Xcmd installed can't run your program.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.