Re: TIB: wierd memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: wierd memory

At 9/12/00 03:58 PM, you wrote:
>i have a TI-89.  When i runa piticular program and push the ON button
>and do, go to, then go to the Var-Link screen it is not in there.  then
>when i exit and get back in it is there and is 588 bytes.  but if i run
>the program and exit the normal way it goes back to being 491 bytes.
>can anybody explain this?

This is normal, when you run a basic program, it tokenizes it so it can run
it. it makes it smaller and all that, and it does that on the first run.
after the first run, it stays that way till you edit it, then it
detokenizes so it can show it to you. when you edit a program, it is taken
out of the varlink table to make sure you don't rename/del/do anything else
stupid to it. other questions?
----
Rob Smith
Rob's Quote of this Reset:
I like to tease my plants. I water them with ice cubes. - Steven Wright
Proud member of:
<http://pa.ticalc.org>Programmers Anonymous
<http://www.ti-files.org>Ti-Files.<http://www.ti-files.org>org
<http://www.tigalaxy.com>TIGALAXY