Re: TIB: help!?porting games and programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: help!?porting games and programs

>  the basics of porting a 83+ game to a 92+ or an 85
I take it you mean a Basic game.  Procedure
1.)  Open in an 83(+) G-L
2.)  Copy it to the clipboard
3.)  paste in a new prog in a 82 G-L
4.)  attempt to save
5.)  if it saves go to 8
6.)  change the command that is generating a problem
7.)  goto 4
8.)  in a 92(+) G-L Tools->Convert Program->82 program...
9.)  fix incorrect translations (Output( ClrHome/ClrIO, etc.)
OR
1.)  Send it to me, and I'll do all of that.
Yes, you can just change the commands, but End can go to EndIf, EndFor, or
EndWhile, and translating Menu( is horrendous, and more.

                                          Dale