Re: TIB: AIME

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: AIME

Hey, I got a 96 on the AMC12... barely made it, yup.  And guess what was
behind it?  TI-89!!  There was a problem about a 13x17 matrix, and the
answer was 555 or something, and it was a simple bit of TI basic programming
=)  A lot of other things I didn't wanna waste time on, like systems, were
taken care of =)

and the AIME.  ummmmm.  Does "hell" ring a bell?  I think I got somewhere
around 3 problems correct on that.  The "no calculator" rule found me doing
reverse addition to cover up for my poor subtraction skills (haven't done it
by hand for a while, since I learned multiplication and division in
kindergarten)...  I actually got a system problem right... it was #7 i
think, and the asnwer came out to be 1/4, (5 on the answer sheet).

Those questions were mad hard, though... for the (ax+b)^2000 one I tried to
expand pascal's triangle to the 2000th tier using known identities like
pascal's petals and such, and ended up giving up when I had to multiply
numbers in the billions :P

ah well.  It was a challenge =)  And I'm glad you asked.  I feel better now
about using 3 hours this morning ^_^