TIB: text scrolling resolved

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: text scrolling resolved

I've solved my problem with the help of several people
and my own thoughts. Thank you. It works suprisingly
fast and could actually go faster(but would be hard to
read). It turned out to be just a little bigger than
an actual picture so that is good. I've included a
basics of the source below.

:ClDrw
:"1st sentence or part of it   "->L1
:"Next line   "->L2
:(continue for as many lines neccesary)

Then

:For(x,1,2
:Text(57,1,L1
:End
:For(x,1,2
:Text(50,1,L1
:Text(57,1,L2
:End
:For(x,1,2
:Text(43,1,L1
:Text(50,1,L2
:Text(57,1,L3
:End
(etc...until you've done all your lines. The 86 can
only handle 9 at most, so if you have more, you have
to start with watever works instead of L1(or
whatever))

The speed of the text can be increased or decreased at
your convenience by inc. or dec. the (y) in
:For(x,1,(y). I myself only use the For(x,1,(y) for
the first five lines so the text scrolls evenly.

Thanx
PS-You must make sure that there are enough spaces at
the end of each screen to cover the whole way across:)