Re: TIB: Editing programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Editing programs

Okay, I don't know ASM, but I feel qualified to drop these few tidbits:
1. It's like a foreign language.
2. Assembly language (ASM for short) is what is called a 'low-level'
programming language. Meaning that the instuctions aren't very inutive.
They're so low that the only things under them are hex and binary code. The
languages you might know (like BASIC, or even C++ and Java, maybe Pascal) are
'high-level' langauges. They feature instructions closer to something we can
understand. I can't give examples (as I said, I don't know ASM).

Also, you should now there is a constant, on-going debate about BASIC vs.
ASM. Each side presents different cases (i.e. BASIC is easy to program, but
ASM is faster and smaller, etc....). It's probably best not to get involved
in that.

In summary, ASM is a programming laguage which you cannot comprehend with the
naked eye. Of course, some people say that ASM is capable of just about
anything, and maybe they're right....I don't know. I'm curious though, what
calculator did you get?

ASimPerson

In a message dated 1/25/00 9:17:40 PM Central Standard Time, HaRMaN10@aol.com