Re: TIB: PC Serial Port Availability (OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: PC Serial Port Availability (OT)

Yeah, no duh.  You can put a SB AWE64 Gold, WinAmp, and a huge HD into an
old 486 DX/4 100Mhz and you have yourself one KICKASS mp3 machine!  Just try
to upgrade the crappy PCI sound in an emachine and it will choke!  And don't
tell me that getting surround sound for your PC is useless, because you just
haven't experienced it.

Now given the option of listening to your quality music from an AWE64 Gold
or some crappy (probably Ensoniq) PCI sound, which would you prefer?  There
is no doubt in any audio evangelon's mind that the _only_ sound card series
that bests the AWE64 Gold is the SB Live! series.  If you want to dissagree,
then I suggest you take it up w/ them.  You'll get your ears (or eyes)
licked.

-Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: kilier2
http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman