Re: TIB: TI-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: TI-89

>From someone who has owned both the 86 and the 89, I say go for the 89.  The
89 will do manipulation (which is you can type in x+y=z and it won't say
error).  For algebra, it factors, expands and solves.  The biggest use for is
its ability to do calculus functions.  Trust me, it will be a big help.  But
make sure you understand the math before you decide to simply punch it into
the calculator.  I also had an 92, which is just a big version of the 89
(don't ask why I've had so many calculators) thru my Algebra courses and I
had had to later spend lots of time figuring out how to do basic stuff like
factoring.