TIB: getting new calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: getting new calc

This is a bit off topic but,

I'm planning on getting a new TI calculator.  Right
now I have an 83 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I
want more memory and the ability to make more complex
programs, but staying with something relatively easy
to use/understand.  I've heard good things about the
TI-86, a couple of my friends have them, I like the
option for more than 27 variables (A-Z,Theta) that
would help a lot with a game I'm trying to make.  I
fooled around with the 89 in the store, while it's a
lot prettier than the 86 :) It was very different than
the 83 and I couldn't really figure it out in the
short time I was standing there.  Anyway I was
wondering if I could get some advice on which
calculator to get?

I'm doing well with BASIC but still learning and would
like to try my hand at Assembly (some day)  There's
also the issue of the games that are available.  I've
downloaded several games for the 83, and there aren't
many that are really playable/fun.

ANYWAY, I've narrowed my decision to the 89 or the 86,
(leaning towards the 86) but just wanted to get a
little outside advice, thanks.

-Toe