Re: TIB: Artificial Intelligence

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Artificial Intelligence

That is one thing to consider.  I don't think it would work very well in the
mainstream of the game, because there are simply so many combinations and
positions possible in chess, but I have thought about doing something similar
to that in the opening of the game.  The AI could be programmed so that it
tends to follow opening variations that it has played many times before, in
effect "learning" the opening similar to the way a human player would.  Also,
something that would be good to do after the basic engine is working would be
to put in an option that allows you to customize the "personality" of the AI,
changing the values that it gives to certain things.  For instance, you could
tailor the AI to be a more positional player by giving more emphasis on
things like control of the center, or a more tactical player by putting more
value on piece-based things.  In any case, that will be something to add
_after_ the basic engine is working.

Eric Tollefson
Cmdr ERT01@aol.com