anything would help.  Thanks.

Eric Tollefson
Cmdr ERT01@aol.com

In a message dated 2/1/2000 3:57:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KeysDezes@aol.com writes:

<< Subj:     Re: TIB: Artificial Intelligence
 Date:  2/1/2000 3:57:06 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  KeysDezes@aol.com
 Sender:    owner-ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org
 To:    ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org

 In a message dated 1/31/00 11:56:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 Jared173@aol.com writes:

 > I made a tic tac toe game for the PC not too long ago like that.  I use an
 >  array with nine numbers that all start at 0.  The computer moves into the
 > box
 >  that has the highest value.  When I move, the boxes around where I go are
 >  increased in value by one point so that the computer is more likely to
 move
 >  there next turn.  If it senses that I have 2 next to each other, the 3rd
 box

 >  gets jacked up in value so it will block a winning move from me.  You can
 >  make it so that it is more offensive or defensive, like making the values
 >  around itself higher in value is offensive and making the values around
my
 >  moves higher is defensive.
 >  As for learning from its mistakes, I set it up to play 1,000 games
against
 >  itself..which it did, in about 3 seconds.  Now I can't beat it any more...
 >
 >  -Jared C.
 >  tivault.com
 >  isignupnow.com

 Well, the problem with that is it isn't learning how to play, it's learning
 how you play.  If you play enough games, it would work though.  The way I do
 it has to do with backtracking to determine why it lost.  Quite neat.  The
 other advantage to the way I do it is that you can port it to all sorts of
 different games in just a few minutes.  The underlying logic to the computer
 player remains the same.