Re: TIB: Sending text between calcs... (got OT really fast....)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TerrisUS@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 04/11/2000 6:56:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> ASimPerson@aol.com writes:
>
> << I think they're still under contract to use IE for AOL 5. I figure AOL 6
> will
>  feature Netscape. And I fogot to mention I also got NS 6 Preview 1 just for
>  kicks (and it looks quite different, I must say...but I'd love to know what
>  happened to NS 5). >>
>
> didnt know that was out yet (NS 6). i knew they were showing it around, but
> didnt know it was available to the public in any form yet

I heard the reason there is no NS 5 is because it got scrapped midway through
development - that's the reason we've had such a long wait for 6. Either that,
or they figured some people new to computers wouldn't care what the name was,
just that it had a higher number and thus must be better :). As far as the NS
preview, it just became available, though a couple of weeks ago a copy leaked
out (somebody from NS accidentally stuck it on a public FTP server when they
weren't supposed to), so I've been using a copy since then. Whereas IE5 has a
30mb download, NS6 only has about a 6mb download, which MSoft apparently hasn't
figured out is a good thing for people with 56k connections.