Re: TIB: help with Extreemly basic AI...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: help with Extreemly basic AI...

    Hmm.... A LOT of Lbl's... it a little convoluted, and its difficult to
determine exactly whats wrong without being able to run the program and see
what happens.  But you said that it would "just kill itself"?  Thats sounds
like an "End" problem to me check all of your If Then statements and be sure
that you have the right number of End's for them and you While statements
too.  Have too few or too many End's in a program has caused me a lot of
aggervation and there hard to find.  Here's a Debugging hint, put a Pause
command at every new step in your program so that you can stop the execution
of the code and see where your program has made it to then you can determine
where its going nuts.  As for optimization.. GET RID OF THOSE LABELS!!!
Labels are sloooooow and can cause for some confusion at times, you might
want to reorganize your game so that it is essentially a giant algorithm.(if
you dont know what it is ask cause i didnt know for a while)  That will make
your Game MUCH faster.  Well thats about all unless you have any questions on
what ive said.
    ~Eric