Re: TIB: dead list?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: dead list?

That sounds pretty close to what I think I've finally decided to try.
Basically, it would scan through all the moves you can make, and assign them
each a point value based on things like value of piece taken, position,
check/checkmate, etc.  Then, it would take like the top 4 or 5 moves, and
then use the same method to scan through the opponent's moves, assigning
negatives.  Then it would scan throught the next turn moves (for itself) for
like the top 2 or 3 moves.  That should provide it with enough foresight to
cope with at least a decent player.  Maybe after I got that part working, I
could add in some other features, like an opening book and maybe skill level
select (higher levels would scan more moves ahead).

Eric Tollefson
ltert01@aol.com