RE: TIB: DIE BASIC LAMERS!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TIB: DIE BASIC LAMERS!!!

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 20:47:44 -0400, Nathan Gaylinn wrote:

>A good while back someone sent in a message die basic lamers. I at the
>time thought he was an ass and joined in at insulting and making fun of
>him. Now I know ASM, and he is right. Basic is for righting boring math
>programs, if you want something that is actually good, fast, pretty, or
>TRULY fun, you should learn ASM. I'm not going to be as much of an ass
>as he was, but I have the same message. If you want to make good games,
>learn ASM. If you want to use the Pythagorean theorem and many other
>useful formulas without thinking, use basic, and don't learn anything,
>or impress your friends, or get a lot of attention. I don't want to be
>mean, just open a door for you. Learn ASM, it's my only advise.
>
>P.S.    Don't bother "replying" to this message, because by the time you
>get this message I'll be off the list. If you MUST respond, send it to
>me (The address is below. If you want to start learning ASM, especially
>for the 83, contact me, and I can try to help you. If you want to tell
>me I'm full of shit, do so. If you want help ask for it. If you have
>anything else to say, say it. If there's one thing I hate, it's someone
>who doesn't say what he thinks to someone's face, he just mutters under
>his breath or whispers it to his friends.
>
>--
>"What, behind the rabbit?"-King Arthur
>The Heat Index   Nathang@firstva.com
>       http://users.firstva.com/Nathang
>  (\\_
>o(_;

  Nathan is write. I used to think BASIC was great, back before I knew what
ASM was. The Assembly language used on the TI calcs is easy to learn with
the right help. If you wish to learn ASM for you particular calc, I advise
that you join the assembly-XX list, where XX is the calc you wish to learn
for.
  Games such as Sqrxz, Penguins, Spaze Invaders and Lotus Turbo Challenge
are some of the best examples of what can be done with ASM (if you own a
TI-83 anyway!).

Later people,

James Vernon
jimbob_v@hotmail.com