TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #508

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #508

>>Philipp Keller said:
And, you sould try to avoid 'Goto's alltogether!

How, and why? What sorts of spped increases can be found? I willadmit,
GOTO's are awful, and in C++, I wouldn't be caught dead with one. But
what are the alternatives in BASIC?

>>Grant Winney said:
I've got the TI-86, and when I tried this, the calc did bring up an
error.
I guess the first END is unaccounted for, and then the second END comes
out
of nowhere and confuses it further...

Well, the thing is, you have to make sure it's not hitting an END BEFORE
it gets an IF. On my TI-86, I was having slowdowns/crashes in a BASIC
Slot Machine game I was programming, until I noticed how many of my IF's
never hit END's...I fixed it in the manner described, by placing END's
at the beginning o\f many LBL's.

Now then, is there anyway to store a matrix WITHIN a program? Basically
so the high scores part of a game does not need a separate matrix "file"
as well?

-Paul

Follow-Ups: References: