Re: TIB: RE: If-then-goto-end loops can create a problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nathan Gaylinn wrote:

> if you had something like the following, would it still work? Or would
> the calc freak out at the extra ends?
>
> If X=2
> Then
> Goto 1
> End
> Lbl 1
> End
> (COMMANDS)...

In order to answer my own question, I checked.
This my only work for the 83, but it is a bit of a breakthrough for fancy
looking basic games.
It Works. It prevents the Err Memory error from occurring and keeps your
game from slowing. However if it reaches the end before the if, you get
Err Syntax. Still, this is incredible, and if properly implemented
prevents the ominous slowing, and eventual crashing, of many graphical
basic games.