Re: TIB: Y2K

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Y2K

MathWiz314@aol.com wrote:

> I was on the TI site and they said that some calculators don't have date
> circuits such as the TI-89 and are therefore not subject to the Y2K bug.
> However, they said that TI-83s have date circuits that are Y2K compatible.
> Does the TI-83 have functions for time and date that users can use?  I don't
> know since I don't yet have a TI-83.

I had a 83, and don't remember any commands for date or time in BASIC.
What they were probably referring to was the financial functions, for
calculating interest, etc.  I never really used those commands, so I don't
remember whether they used actual dates, or not.

-John

--
"Let's create. Let's make art. Let's have some cereal." - The Necromancer