Re: TIB: 83 String question.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: 83 String question.

ETTamme1@aol.com wrote:

>         Does anybody know how to (if possible) to add the number within a variable to
> the end of a string.  I have tried Str1+C->Str1, but it dosnt work. i cant put
> the C in quotes because it will just add the actual C to the end of the
> string. Please let me know. Thanks
>                 Eric

The best way around this problem that I have found works well, so long
as you are only dealing with one digit numbers.  I have never had to
work with any numbers over ten, so I don't know what you would have to
do. Anyway...
"1234567890xxxxxxxxxx->Str1
Note that the 1234567890 part would need to be at the front of your
string nomatter what else is actually in the string. The xxxxx...is just
whatever you want.  Then, to add a five to the end, all you have to do
is add a sub of string1 onto the end of it, and replace string1 with the
new string.  For example, say that C=5;
:5->C
:"1234567890JODY->Str1
:Str1+sub(Str1,C,1->Str1

What do you think about using _just_ the string idea and getting rid of
the matrix altogether?  Your string idea was a good one - it really does
cut down on the memory.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net