TIB: Re: Pausing a program without PAUSE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: Pausing a program without PAUSE

Sure, but you can't actually use the Pause keyword. Just create a For loop
to create a pause effect. In my SendIt 86 I used a pretty cool routine. I
stored the message that the person wrote to a different variable (say
message to msg). You create a While loop that says (<> means not equal to)

Disp "Sending..."
Get(msg
While message<>msg
Get(msg
End
clrLCD
Outpt(1,1,"Message Sent"
Pause

This will simply Get the string msg from the other calculator and compare it
to message on your calculator. The only way that the two can be equal is if
the other calculator has successfully gotten the variable. Logical but
tricky. You might want to download my demo of SendIt 86 at
http://lflanigan.granitecity.com/projects.htm and check out my site at
http://lflanigan.granitecity.com .

I hope I helped you. If not, e-mail me at cflan@granitecity.com .