TIB: BFS Final game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: BFS Final game

	hey guys ive finished developing an rpg engine that is matrix based for the
level design, and i use two lists to store the wall edge variables. If you
move the cursor, 0->x  0->y It repeats a loop where it adds one to each x and
y then say while  new cursorx =x1 and new cursory =y1  then  if x=x1 and y=y1
then store the old cursor var as the new cursor var so it dosent let you go
through the wall, this repeats until it has gone through EVERY possible set of
coordinates of the edge of the wall.  Now depending on the level setup, there
can be as many as 150 different sets of coordinates to check before it ends
the loop and continues the program!!, as you may have guessed, this is DEATHLY
SLOW !!! I am stumped on how to make it faster,  I am tempted to make a side
scrolling action game instead of an rpg because the only vars that you would
have to store vor the level are the ground and a few enemies on each screen.
If this is cool with you guys, let me know.  Otherwise i might be able to
figure out how to make this thing go faster.  If you have any questions about
the [rogram or are confused about the code, i will send it to you.  if you
think you know how to speed it up A LOT, let me know.
			Eric Tamme