Re: TIB: Learing ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Learing ASM

Yeah, I agree you should join the ASM Mailing List for the calc you have and
want to learn for, since that is where I learned Most of what I know today, by
just overseeing the questions and stuff that come on the lists... Although,
much of the discussion has died down, but dont feel Too free to ask newbie
questions, some of the people get rather pissed off for filling up their mail
boxes... =P  For you and any other Basic programmers reading this who want to
step into ASM, I suggest reading the TI-85 Usgard Tutorials by Jimmy Mardell.
Some of the stuff in there is calc specific for the 85, but A Lot of it is
telling you how to use many of the basic commands of the z80 and its very
helpful... Also, you may hear from a lot of people to read source code to
learn ASM but that is a load of crap. =P  It is difficult to understand the
intentions of another programmer if you are analizing a complex game, but try
some of the simpler concepts of programs, and reading that source code...
Well, one of the best ways is to have like an ASM mentor. I was fortunate to
get frequent help from Ahmed El-Helw back when he programmed, and Sam Heald
and Dan Englender help me occasionally, but we are All very busy right now...
Although, (I may be kind of advertising here) anyone who wants to, can come by
#tcpa on EFNet, and I'll be glad to teach some people and answer any questions
on 82/83 Basic or ASM... =)  Hope I could be of help here giving you many
paths to take in order to progress into ASM, and maybe I'll talk to ya later
on IRC, cya... =)

--Jason K.