Re: TIB: A few questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: A few questions

At 10:01 AM 2/28/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I know what almost everything does in 86 basic, but a few things i still
>dont get.
>
>What does the WHILE do. I used it twice, and once it worked how i
>thought, and the other it did not do a thing.

Im not sure about the 86 but this is a loop that repeats as long as
conditions are true

While z=1
do this
endWhile (if z=1 it loops otherwise it goes to next line)

I think thats it

>What does FOR do? I have only seen it in one program and I could not
>tell how it worked.

For is a loop that you use if you want it to run a certain number of times

For x,y,z (again im not sure how the syntax oin the 86)

so
For x,1,5 (sets x=1)
;Code
Next

Does code in loop then when reaches next increases x by one
if x=5 it goes to next line
if x is less than five it repeats loop

Some times there is a step option that would be Fro x,1,10,(step)5
meaning at Next it increases x by 5

>Is there anyway to use that SEND( to make it send to another calc, so
>the other calc doesnt have to use the GET(?

I have no idea