Re: TIB: Chess AI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Chess AI

    Im no expert about real hefty AI such as that requierd for a chess game,
but i'll put in my thoughts anyway.  I too think that the calc shouldnt have
to hold a list of all the moves.  I base most of my "board" games on a matrix
i.e. checkers, "the dot game", and tic tac toe so that i can get what is in
any square at any given point in time.  I think if you used a matrix and
assigned a value to each chess piece you could then create an algorithm to
determine which moves are possible to make with the current board, and weight
the individual moves at the same time. I think that a basic chess game that
looks maybey hmmm... maybey 2 or 3 moves ahead can be mmade without being too
super duper slow, but you would need to have a wicked algorithm to accomplish
it.  Hmm.. i think you guys are gonna get me in trouble.  this is getting too
interesting to pass up.  I feel a project coming on.....well lets see ifin im
smart enuf to make this thing go FAST, real fast. well enough talk now to the
walk. I wish you luck on your development, and ill share with you what i come
up with.
    ~ Eric