Re: TIB: Number from list

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Number from list

Ah, yes... on the TI-89, it is more similar to a 92/+.

Lists are handled like this:

{0,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1}->lst
        {0,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1}
lst[1]
                            0
lst[2]
                            9
lst[3]
                            8
lst[4]
                            7

Strings are similar to how you described them, only the 89 uses the 'mid('
command much like Quick BASIC.

"0987654321"->str
                 "0987654321"
mid(str,1,1)
                          "0"
mid(str,2,1)
                          "9"
mid(str,3,1)
                          "8"

But if you want the values, you'll have to use the 'expr(' command to get
the actual values instead of a string.

"0987654321"->str
                 "0987654321"
expr(mid(str,1,1))
                            0
expr(mid(str,2,1))
                            9
expr(mid(str,3,1))
                            8

-Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: MRayMan
http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman/