TIB: 89 BASIC better than 86 ASM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: 89 BASIC better than 86 ASM?

I was just at ticalc.org and found they had put up screenshots of the new 89
programs.  I wanted to see what they were like, and was amazed at the
quality of graphics etc.  It seemed to me that the programs (tanks, final
fantasy VII, down & out) were comparable to some 86 asm programs.  Of course
they are not of a Super Mario/Vertigo caliber, but they appear to surpass
many programs I have seen for the 86.  I am just wondering if the 89 is that
much better than the 86, the games look better than they actually are, or if
programers just aren't exploiting the 86's capabilities?  Maybe it is a
combination of all three.  Just my thoughts.

            -Matt