Re: TIB: Naming format

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Naming format

Firepower5@aol.com wrote:
> For those of you who write BASIC on TIs (in other words, the list), I think we
> should name all libraries/subprograms/routines beginning with Theta.
> [...]  Any feedback???

On my 85/86 programs, I have my subprograms begin with lowercase x or y (x for
general routines I share between progs, y for ones specific to a program), and
I rename all the assembly programs I download to start with a lowercase z. All
my real programs all start with an uppercase letter, which puts them first. I
realize this doesn't work as well on calcs that don't have lowercase, but I
just thought I'd throw in my $.02.

With that said, if I had realized I could use theta (and that it would put it
at the very end of the program list) when I first started programming, I would
use it instead. But now that I have my own standard, it's kinda hard to break.
:) In general, though, using theta for subprograms is a smart (and fairly
common) practice.

-jupo

Justin Pope                       |    insert    |
jupo@ou.edu                       |  fancy .sig  |
www.galstar.com/~jupo             |     here     |