Re: TIB: Winlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Winlink

In a message dated 10/21/98 9:23:17 AM Central Daylight Time, mobets@flash.net
writes:

> I can't get it to to see that I have com ports, which the place we got the
>  computer from asures me are working fine.  We had them test the ports.

I had this problem under Win95.  I finally figured out there was some sort of
IRQ conflict where COM1 and COM2 couldn't be active at the same time so I re-
assigned the port on the back of my PC to COM4 using Win95's Resource Manager.
This worked using Winlink 82 with a TI-Graphlink.
WARNING:  I'm not responsible for something getting messed up when you change
your COM ports around.  Items which may stop working include, but are not
limited to:
o Sound Card
o CD Drive
o Game card/ joystick