Re: TIB: TI-86 math error?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: TI-86 math error?

I say it's a bug becuase it is only dividing with E-6 and E-3.  I don't
need to put "()" with other combinations.  There probally are some
combinations I just haven't come across yet.

6U/3/m <--- this may help me I didn't think of it.  So thanks.

At 11:35 PM 10/5/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Jeff Glover schrieb:
>>
>> I found a bug in a program I made.  It turns out that it is not my fault
>> but somthing the ti-86 does. Why does this give me the wrong answer?
>> Here is some sample code.  You can get the acutal program from my homepage
>> called Conversion.
>>
>> Sorry can't copy the code directly because it uses a lot of wierd symbols.
>> The "-->" stands for the store command.
>>
>> :.001->U
>> :.000001->m
>> :"6U/3m"->eq
>> :Disp eq
>> :St->Eq(eq,eq)
>> :Disp eq
>> :DelVar(U
>> :DelVar(m
>>
>> The TI-86 gives 2*10^-9 or 2E-9.  The answer should be .002.  I get the
>> right answer if I type 6E-6/3E-3.  Which is useless since I need to be
>> using a variable for my program.
>> Jeff Glover
>> jglover@geocities.com
>> http://jglover.home.ml.org
>Which bug? Although I own a 92+ I don't see any bug, you should simply
>put brackets around 3m or type 6U/3/m. That should work.	A.K.

Jeff Glover
jglover@geocities.com
http://jglover.home.ml.org