Re: TIB: TI-92 (and +) ToolBar graphics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: TI-92 (and +) ToolBar graphics

Dear STL

There is no way to change the pictures as you move around in your
toolbar like in the Geometry section, but there are a few ways to change
the pictures _after_ you select an item from the toolbar.

First of all, you need to draw all the pictures you plan to use, and
save them.  For my example, my toolbar will have 2 titles with 3 in the
first list and 2 in the other. I chose the following naming method..

pic11  pic12
pic12  pic22
pic13

Method #1
  Next, draw up some extra pictures that will actually appear on the
toolbar title. (i.e. pic10, pic20)  Create your toolbar, just like you
normally would.  Finally, add a "copyvar" command right after each label
the toolbar takes you.

Lbl a
copyvar pic11, pic10
.
.
.
Lbl b
copyvar pic12, pic10
.
.
.
  and so on...

When the program goes back to the menu, the new pic will appear at the
top of the toolbar.

Don't like that one, you say? You'd rather not waste space and time with
extra pics? Then try:

Method #2
Make a list with one element for each title in your toolbar, and make
the elements strings containing the name of a title pic.

{"pic11","pic21"} (sto->) barlist

Instead of using the pic name in the toolbar, you are going to use the
indirection command #(), like the following example..

ToolBar
Title #(barlist[1])
Item "Picture 1",a
Item "Picture 2",b
Item "picture 3",c
Title #(barlist[2])
Item "Picture 1",d
Item "Picture 2",e
EndTbar
.
.
.
Lbl a
"pic11" /->/ barlist[1]
.
.
.
Lbl b
"pic12" /->/ barlist[1]
.
.
.
Lbl c
"pic13" /->/ barlist[1]
.
.
.
Lbl d
"pic21" /->/ barlist[2]

I think you should get the idea by now.. Just add a command after each
label saving the corresponding picture name into the list and of course,
make your program go back to the toolbar as needed.

Of course, with my naming scheme, the instructions in #2 can be
shortened even more when you are working with enough pics.

Thank you for your patience in reading this, and I hope to see some
nicer programs out there soon!

Tavis