Re: TIB: Easier way to do this?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Easier way to do this?

<< Hi. I'm writing a kind of choose your own adventure game for the TI-82.
 The code goes something like this:

  <code deleted to save space>

 		Then either another menu or a LBL, which goes on for a 		while.

 My question is, is there a simpler way to do this, so it will take up
 less memory? I'm already up to lbl K, and lots more to go :) Any help is
 appreciated

  I don't have an 82, so i don't know if this would work, but you could save
all of your text to a monster string file, then have a list or a matrix to
store the location and the length of the "page" of text. With that sub-string
you could format it so that all of the text will fit on one screen.

   Use the psuedo-menu someone else talked about and have each of the branches
(should be no more than 5) change the index to the string based on the current

    Let me know if you need more info on how to do this, or if it will even
work on an 82.

  -Duck