Re: TIB: Does ANYBODY know how to make an alpha based RPG?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Does ANYBODY know how to make an alpha based RPG?

asm is just like basic... just a little more complex.  You just have
to convert your mind from basic to asm.  for isntance, in basic to put
text on the screen you use the DISP command.  In asm, you do something
similar, but you have to load the x and y coordinates into variables,
then call a function.  you are doing the same thing, it just looks
bigger.

to learn asm you have to do the same thing you probably did to learn
basic: look at other people's programs.  there are plenty of well
commented asm files at ticalc.org.  just take what you want to do in
basic and convert it to a few lines of code.  it is really easy.  You
probably won't find one good source, but you can find a bunch of
seperate sources and piece them all together.

is the HAL project still on?  If so, try it.  With Hal, you can type
out stuff in a basic like language and it will convert it to
assembly... you might want to try that.  i don't know the link..
sorry.  but it should be easy to find.

---Tatsuo64@aol.com wrote:

> Youre right...but I just dont know how to learn ASM.  Its confusing to
> me...and I havent found any good source of info for it yet.  Until
then, Im
> sticking to games that work primarily on the home screen (such as this
> project).  Its the only way to push any speed whatsoever from BASIC.
> Tatsuo

==

The Garth Johnson

Visit my website!  http://www.bigfoot.com/~garthjohnson
                "Now with jokes for your mental enjoyment!"

"Popularity, Religion, Science, Jobs, Cars, The Internet, Civilization-it's all very nice but it's we're just deluding ourselves...  Inside of every perfect postured, mild mannered person there is a teenager saying "dude! this is cool!" and sending slinkeys down upward escalators."