TIB: RPG Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: RPG Help

how do you type fjreiufgnvr5iuehf???
just kidding:)

Ok I'm putting Tanx (my little two player project) on the backburner while I
try something new:  I want to try to make an RPG.  My idea is to create a
subroutine that will draw tile-like graphics on a grid of 8 x 8 (pixels)
squares (not a visible grid; just to the 83) and use a matrix to determine
what kind of tile the player is walking onto.  This works for one screen, but
how would I scroll the screen up or down? I can always do it Zelda-esque (walk
off screen to a new map) if I have to, but I figure some genius has to know
how to do this...I mean people have programmed Quake in BASIC!

Thanks,
Tatsuo