TIB: Strings and stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Strings and stuff

Brief: Anyone know of a good way to check if a string exists?

Long: In my TI-83 program, I need to tie two strings together, and the calc
gives me an error message if one of the strings does not exist. I know I
could use

" "->String3

but since I use String3 as a log for my chat program, I do not want to
delete it every time I run the program. The thing is I want to update the
log with whatever has been "said", and I use a String3+String2->String3
every time something new is written.

I'm fairly new to basic programming on the TI83, and programming in general,
and I do not have a link cable, so it would take me far too much time to
type the code down on my computer for you to read. I hope you understand my
problem just by reading my description of it.

Another problem: By using RCL->Vars->Strings->String3 I was able to paste
the whole string into the screen, and it wrapped itself neatly down the
display. Normally, when displaying a string, it just continues to the right,
and you have to scroll to the right and left, but with the commands
mentioned above, you could move up and down in the string. Anyway, I haven't
managed to use this method in a program. Anyone know how this can be
accomplished?

Audun Rundberg,
Games Domain Review
http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/