Re: TIB: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re:

TGaArdvark wrote:

> >> This is kind of related but how do you use int so it goes up?
> >> like 1.2 returns 2.
> >
> > :Int (x+1)
>
> I take that back. That would give 2 for 1. Add .9999 or something like
> that so that 1.2 = 2.1999, giving 2. 1 = 1.9999, giving 1. If you want
> int to work like round( ,0), add 0.5.

*buzz* wrong...
You have to phrase the answer as a question.

But seriously...That will never do. There is always the incidence of
1.00005 for which your method does not account. This can be repeated ad
infinitum.

If you do not have the ceiling function, you can simulate it through the
use of int (int being identical to floor, according to TI).
-int(-x) will give you what you seek.

QED.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
(2) When joining the two chain ends, the closing spring is to be