Re: TIB: refinement

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: refinement

Mr. T wrote:

> Could someone help me clean this up?  It is for a phone/e-mail
> directory.
> How could I cut down on all of the memory taken up?  What would be the
> most efficient way to do this?
>
> :Disp "View which entry?"
> :Menu(1,"1",v1,2,"2",v2,3,"3",v3,4,"4",v4,5,"More",dx2
> :Lbl dv2
> :Menu(1,"5",v5,2,"6",v6,3,"7",v7,4,"8",v8,5,"More",dx3
> :Lbl dv3
> :Menu(1,"9",v9,2,"10",v10,3,"Back",DATA
> :Lbl v1:1üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v2:2üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v3:3üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v4:4üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v5:5üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v6:6üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v7:7üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v8:8üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v9:9üV:Goto view
> :Lbl v10:10üV
> :Lbl view
> :ClLCD
> :Outpt(3,1,"Name:"
> :Outpt(3,6,N(V)
> :Outpt(4,1,"Phone:"
> :Outpt(4,7,PH(V)
> :Outpt(5,1,"E-mail:"
> :Outpt(6,1,EM(V)
> :Pause
>
> (The ü's are arrows in my program, but didn't paste as them here.)

Wanna make it really snazzy? Try this. Instead of giving them the choi
ce of just picking a name or a number or whatever, let them choose
from EITHER numbers or names. Make the names in alphabetical order and
have it work similar to the catalog function; press the first letter
of the name and you go down to that letter. This won't work if you use
the menu command in the calc, however, if you MAKE your own menu. If
you're interested in trying this, email me and I'll give a much more
thorough explaination. What calc are you using?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net